C# VB.NET VB6 VB5 VBA
The feature allows you to add methods or properties to the source code easily through a window.
offers the following ways to show the window:
- The menu.
- The menu entry on the context menu of a code window.
- The button on the toolbar.
- In , the keyboard shortcut associated with the command.
- In , the keyboard shortcut associated with the feature.
The window is the following:
In this window, you can enter the following:
- : the name of the method or property. For C# indexers, type "this".
- : select it if you want to add a header to the method or property (see the Insert Header feature).
- : the access of the method / property.
- : to set a more restrictive access to one of the two methods (get/set) of a property.
- : property, method with return value ("Function" in VB.NET / VB / VBA) or without value ("Sub" in VB.NET / VB / VBA). In the case of properties, you can select the get/set members and the style. For the field name, generates a name according to the New Method / Property Assistant Options, although you can change it.
- : for example static, sealed, etc. for C# methods or Shared, NotOverridable, etc. for VB.NET methods.
- : the return data type of a property or function. It can be a simple .NET type (string, bool, etc.), a class, etc. You can enter the type directly in the editable combobox or you can fill the list with available types clicking the button. You can also set the default value for fields of properties or result variable or methods returning a value.
- : the list of parameters of a method.
You can see a preview of the resulting code. When you click the button, the code is inserted into the current code window. You can repeat the operation several times with different values before closing the window.
- If the current line is a blank line between two method, then the method is inserted at that line. Otherwise, it is appended to the end of the class.
- You can customize the nomenclature preferences in the window, tab, section. See New Method / Property Assistant Options.
New Method / Property Assistant Options
Keyboard Shortcuts Options