To install follow these steps:
- Go to the Download page on the web site and download the desired setup .
- Run the setup program taking into account the following:
- requires admin rights to be installed. This should not be a problem for developers because VB6 already requires admin rights to run (to be able to register compiled ActiveX DLLs).
- is installed only for the user running the setup, not for all users. So, do not use a different user account to run the setup. This is a limitation imposed by Microsoft (VB6 gets add-ins registered only under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0\Addins, it would not get add-ins registered under the Registry hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you work for an IT department and want to install the setup automatically for end-users without prompts (for massive deployments), create some script that runs the setup under each end-user account (remember that is installed only for the user running the setup, not for all users), which must have admin rights (remember that the setup requires admin rights to be installed), and use the command-line switch of the setup. In this case, no entry is created in Control Panel, Programs and features, to prevent the uninstallation by the user through that way. The setup of has been created with InnoSetup, a popular installer. You can get its command-line switches here.
To configure the team options if you are working inside a team:
- If you are the team leader, configure the team options of MZ-Tools and then move the subfolder of the installation folder to some shared network folder.
- If you aren't the team leader, ask him / her the location of the team options folder (it should be in a shared network folder) and point to it as explained in the Customizing MZ-Tools section.
To register after the installation with the license file, see Registration (licensing).