To install follow these steps:
- Go to the Download page on the web site and download the desired setup .
- Run the setup program . taking into account the following:
- requires admin rights to be installed. This should not be a problem for developers because VB5 already requires admin rights to run (to be able to register compiled ActiveX DLLs).
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you work for an IT department and want to install the setup automatically for end-users without prompts (for massive deployments), you can proceed as follows:
- Ensure that you are using the latest available on the web site (older versions may not work as described below).
- Create some script that runs that setup under a user account with admin rights and use the command-line switch of the setup. In this case, no entry is created in Control Panel, Programs and features, to prevent the uninstallation by the user through that way. The setup of has been created with InnoSetup, a popular installer. You can get its command-line switches here.
- The setup installs the product in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\MZTools Software\MZTools8VB5" on Windows 64-bit ("C:\Program Files\MZTools Software\MZTools8VB5" on Windows 32-bit).
To configure the team options if you are working inside a team:
- If you are the team leader, configure the team options of MZ-Tools and then move the subfolder of the installation folder to some shared network folder.
- If you aren't the team leader, ask him / her the location of the team options folder (it should be in a shared network folder) and point to it as explained in the Customizing MZ-Tools section.
To register after the installation with the license file, see Registration (licensing).