To install follow these steps:
- Run the setup program and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you want to install the setup without prompts (for massive deployments), use the command-line switch. In this case, no entry is created in Control Panel > Programs and features, to prevent the uninstallation by the user through that way.
- doesn't require admin rights to be installed, except for Visual Basic 6.0 / 5.0.
- When using , which by default is installed without admin rights, if you get the error "MZ Tools 8.0 for VBA could not be loaded" when launching the VBA editor, likely it is because your administrator user account is running the Office application with admin rights (in "elevated" mode, which is not required in most cases) instead of in the default standard ("non-elevated") mode. Notice that on Windows Vista and higher with the User Account Control (UAC) feature activated, administrator user accounts don't run applications with admin rights by default, you need to run them "as administrator" and you get a "consent" prompt. To solve this issue:
- Do not use the "Run as administrator" context menu entry to launch the Office application.
- Ensure that the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox of the Compatibility tab of the properties window of the Office application shortcut or executable is not checked.
- If you know what you are doing and your administrator user account really needs to launch the Office application with admin rights in "elevated" mode, then uninstall MZ-Tools 8.0 for VBA (which was installed without admin rights), right-click the MZTools8VBASetup.exe file and click "Run as administrator" context menu entry to install it again, but this time with admin rights.
- If you are working inside a team:
- If you are the team leader, configure the team options of MZ-Tools and then move the subfolder of the installation folder to to some shared network folder.
- If you aren't the team leader, ask him / her the location of the team options folder (it should be in a shared network folder) and point to it as explained in the Customizing MZ-Tools section.
- To register after the installation with the license file, see Registration (licensing).