VS VB6 VB5 VBA
The feature allows you to quickly change the and properties of the controls of a form or usercontrol.
offers the following ways to show the window:
- The menu.
- The button on the toolbar.
- In , the keyboard shortcut associated with the . command.
- In , the keyboard shortcut associated with the feature.
The window is the following:
You can auto-generate the property from the property by checking the toggle button.
- You can navigate the items of this window using the buttons on its toolbar or even if the toolwindow is not visible using the and buttons on the toolbar, which can be associated to keyboard shortcuts. For , you have also the and commands.
- You can customize the tags used for control names (for example, "btn" for buttons "lbl" for labels, etc.) in the window, tab, section. You can also customize the prefix position (CancelButton vs ButtonCancel) in that section.
- This feature does not rename instances of the property in the source code of the form or usercontrol, so it is recommended to use this assistant before adding code such as event handlers, etc.
- In , this feature only works with forms, not with , , or forms.
- In , this feature doesn't work with , since it only works with VBA UserForms (menu Insert > UserForm), not with forms, and lacks VBA UserForms.
Control Tags Options
Keyboard Shortcuts Options