Yesterday MZ-Tools 22.214.171.124 was released. It introduces some new features and enhancements:
- The code elements (methods, etc.) can be sorted now manually, in addition to the automatic sorting of previous versions. This was quite requested since MZ-Tools 3.0 provided the Sort Procedures feature that allowed manual sorting.
- Several features can be now automated from a script (VBScript, PowerShell, etc.). For example, you can add line numbers or execute the quality review or statistics from a script that performs the build. This capability will be documented with samples in the next weeks. If you are already interested, contact me.
- The TabIndex Assistant is now multiselection, along with other lists. They don’t support drag & drop yet, but it’s on the roadmap.
The complete changelog is the following:
MZ-Tools 126.96.36.199 released (September 1, 2016)
- New [Internal] (All): Manual sorting of code elements (methods, etc.).
- Enhanced [#11415] (All): The Quality Review, Line Numbering and other operations can be now automated.
- Enhanced [#11431] (All): The contents of listviews/treeviews of the Options window can now be copied to the clipboard with Ctrl+C.
- Enhanced [#10456, #10369] (All): The TabIndex Assistant is now multiselection.
- Enhanced [Internal] (All): The Switch Assistant is now multiselection.
- Enhanced [Internal] (All): The Collection editor is now multiselection.
- Fixed [#11399] (All): The first used toolwindow took longer to load than the next used toolwindows.
- Fixed [#11445] (All): Result toolwindows already visible were not activated after an operation.
- Fixed [#11426] (All): The Programming Rules Review didn’t locate correctly results for code elements using operators that find forbidden text (“Not Starting With”, “Not Containing”, “Not Ending With”, “Not Matching”).
- Fixed [#11473] (All): The Nomenclature Rules editor didn’t preselect the item to review for a new item based on the existing selected item.
- Fixed [#11403] (VS): ObjectDisposedException happened when removing the Previous/Next Item in Last Window buttons on the main toolbar and prevented Visual Studio from exiting.
- Fixed [#11463] (VB/VBA): The Find feature did not find correctly carriage returns “\r\n” when using regular expressions.
- Fixed [#11386] (VB/VBA): Several features didn’t work well with duplicated procedures (which are illegal).
- Fixed [#11406] (VB/VBA): The Line Indenter didn’t parse correctly End Select statements in the same line than Case or Select Case statements.
- Fixed [#11420] (VB/VBA): The New Method/Property Assistant didn’t use the terms “Function” and “Subroutine” in the user interface.
- Fixed [#11456] (VB/VBA): The Find feature didn’t find multilines that included the ‘?’ or ‘#’ characters.
- Fixed [#11466] (VB/VBA): The Method Callers feature also returned other methods starting with the same name.
- Fixed [#11415] (VBA): The Review Quality feature prompted to compile the VBA project, which is not supported.
- Fixed [#11427] (VBA): Any file with “Report” in the name was considered a report file.
- Fixed [Internal] (All): The context menu of some features (such as Code Library) showed a separator before the first item.
- Fixed [Internal] (VB/VBA): The Find Text feature didn’t work correctly with the Match Whole Word setting when the searched string did not start or end with word characters.
- Fixed [Internal] (VB/VBA): The Line Indenter opened the code windows to perform the operation.
- Fixed [Internal] (VB/VBA): The Line Indenter didn’t parse correctly Next statements with the variable in same cases.
- Fixed [Internal] (VBA): Several operations saved the VBA project after each file was processed if the setting “Keep modified documents open” was unchecked, causing a bad performance for projects with a large number of files.