Today a new build 18.104.22.168 of MZ-Tools has been released with some bug fixes and interesting enhancements:
The Programming Rules Review now shows all violations of rules that use the “Not Containing” and “Not Matching” operators. So, for example, if you don’t want to use the Static modifier in procedure variables, now you get all the occurrences, not only the first one:
More importantly, the Programming Rules Review now allows to define a programming rule that is quite requested: if the code of a method (or module) contains some expression, then the code of that method (or module) must contain also some other expression. For example, if a method opens a recordset, it must close that recordset (or set a variable to Nothing). How this is done will be the subject of a separate post.
For VB/VBA, the Code Explorer and other features now distinguish between procedures that are subroutines (Sub) and procedures that are functions (Function). Notice the new icons and the separate filters:
The Options dialog now uses a more modern dialog to select a folder, that allows you to type (or paste) the full path to the folder:
The complete changelog is the following:
- Enhanced [#11869] (All): The Programming Rules Review now allows regular expressions backreferences in the Value field of a condition for captures in the value field of a When condition.
- Enhanced [Internal] (All): The Programming Rules Review now shows all violations using the “Not Containing” and “Not Matching” operators.
- Enhanced [#11837] (All): On Windows Vista or higher you can now type the location of the options files, with a new folder browser dialog.
- Enhanced [#11874] (VB/VBA): Features that deal with procedures now distinguish between Subs and Functions.
- Fixed [#11886] (All): The Private Clipboards dialog now allows to click the OK button by keyboard using Alt+O.
- Fixed [#11863] (All): The Find Text feature didn’t allow regular expressions when using Multiline.
- Fixed [#11883] (VB/VBA): The Statistics feature now includes only text files that are recognized text files or parents of code files.
- Fixed [#11880] (VB/VBA): Event handlers were considered dead code if used all lower case.
- Fixed [#11866] (VBA): The Insert Header feature can cause NullReferenceException when used with CSS files (which are unsupported).
- Fixed [#11845] (VBA): The Line Indenter didn’t parse correctly lines with the space + comment character sequence inside a string.
- Fixed [#11825] (VBA): After inserting a code template, the code window didn’t get the focus.
- Fixed [#11837] (VBA): On Windows Vista or higher you can now type the location of the options files, with a new folder browser dialog.
- Fixed [#11858] (VBA): The Database Connection Assistant didn’t show the connection string with the MySQL ODBC driver.
- Fixed [#11894] (VBA): The scope “Open files” didn’t work in Microsoft Access.
- Fixed [Internal] (All): The Programming Rules Review caused exceptions if invalid regular expressions were used.