A new build of MZ-Tools 8 has been released, 184.108.40.2066, with some bug fixes and more importantly with improvements when sorting listviews.
All lists now use the previous sorting column as secondary sorting column when two values of the primary sorting column are the same. For example, in the Code Explorer feature of VB/VBA, if you want to order by Kind and then by Name, you would click the Name column and then the Kind column: if two code elements have the same Kind (say, “Sub”), then they are sorted using the Name as secondary criteria.
Also, for listviews that make sense (Code Explorer, Task List, Favorite Code Elements), their sorting criteria is now remembered between sessions.
Finally, the Code Explorer now allows to sort in ascending / descending order like previously, but also to sort as code elements appear in code. So, its columns go through three states.
The complete list of changes is the following:
- Enhanced [#14399] (VB/VBA): The Code Explorer now allows 3-state sorting: ascending / descending / as in code.
- Enhanced [#14399] (All): Listviews now use the previous sorting column as secondary sorting column.
- Enhanced [#14399] (All): The Favorite Code Elements toolwindow now remembers the sorting column between sessions.
- Enhanced [#14399] (VB/VBA): The Code Explorer and Task List toolwindows now remember the sorting column between sessions.
- Fixed [#14393] (VBA): The Check for Updates feature didn’t use the original command-line options when restarting Office applications.
- Fixed [#14436] (VBA): In Office 2000/2002 after locating a result if the code editor was previously closed the comboboxes at the top of the VBA code editor were not repainted or an System.AccessViolationException was thrown.
- Fixed [#14428] (VS): Error getting SDK folder in Visual Studio 2019 when only .NET Framework 4.8 is installed.
- Fixed [Internal] (VS): The Control Names Assistant showed white background in textboxes when using the dark theme.
- Fixed [Internal] (VS): The Control Names Assistant didn’t change names of controls.