Yesterday I released a new build (22.214.171.1248) of MZ-Tools 8.0. If you keep track of build numbers you will notice that the last one (August 1) was 126.96.36.199, so why this big increment? The reason is that these months I am migrating the system to produce builds to the Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services) build/release pipelines, and I have implemented a new auto-increment logic for build numbers. Although this migration is causing that (temporarily) I don’t release a new build each month as in the past, when finished it will allow me to send a pre-production build with a fix to the customer reporting a bug as soon as I check-in the fix in source code, all in a 100% automated fashion.
This new build introduces some enhancements, such as async package for Visual Studio 2015/2017 (Microsoft will require async packages in future versions) and a new browser-based local help instead of the old HTML Help (.chm) technology that was created for Windows 98 and hasn’t been updated by Microsoft since then. Also, it fixes quite a few bugs:
MZ-Tools 188.8.131.528 released (November 1, 2018)
- Enhanced (All): The local help has changed from HTML Help format (.chm) to browser-based web help.
- Enhanced [#13427] (VB/VBA): The External Utilities feature now supports the Selected Text predefined variable, useful to pass a selected URL in code to a browser.
- Enhanced (VB/VBA): Added checkbox in setup to use COM Shim or not.
- Fixed [#13261] (All): If an exception happens loading a xml document, a friendly error message is now shown.
- Fixed [#13330] (All): When using the Replace Whole Line(s) With New Line(s) option of the Replace feature, an entire final line was removed if the searched text included \r\n.
- Fixed [#13330] (All): When using the Replace Whole Line(s) With New Line(s) option of the Replace feature, NullReferenceException happened if the Compose New Line button was not clicked.
- Fixed [#13342] (All): Operations that modify code silenced some exceptions.
- Fixed [#13288] (VB/VBA): The Task List didn’t show System.IO.IOException as friendly messages.
- Fixed [#13286] (VB/VBA): The keyboard shortcuts editor didn’t show used shortcuts in German.
- Fixed [#13388] (VB/VBA): The dead code review didn’t detect as unused variables with the same name than recordset fields using bang syntax.
- Fixed [#13287] (VB/VBA): The line indenter didn’t parse correctly type fields that used end block keywords as the name of the field.
- Fixed [#13425] (VB/VBA): Error parsing block with colon and line continuation before end statement of the block.
- Fixed [#13403] (VBA): The default options for Control Explorer didn’t include MSForms controls.
- Fixed [#13438] (VB.NET): The feature Convert Field to Property didn’t work correctly with VB.NET generic types.