A new build of MZ-Tools, 18.104.22.168, has been released today, fixing some bugs. Some of them are quite important, though: one of them fixes crashes that happened unloading Microsoft Project (the root cause is a bug in the extensibility model of that product, but hopefully I have found workarounds to avoid it). Another one for Microsoft Outlook will prevent an error when auto-updating in the next month. And finally, this new build fixes a problem that was happening since 15+ years ago: keyboard shortcuts were executed in Office even if the VBA editor was not the active window (potentially conflicting with keyboard shortcuts of Office). This new build avoids the use of global hotkeys and also recognizes when the VBA editor is active.
The complete changelog is the following:
MZ-Tools 22.214.171.124 released (April 1, 2018)
- Fixed [#12874] (VS): The Find Text feature didn’t locate results if the end point of a result using regular expressions was between the \r and \n characters.
- Fixed [#12873] (VB/VBA): The type of a member of a UDT was not parsed correctly if it contained a comment or the “New” keyword.
- Fixed [#12918] (VB/VBA): Declare Sub and Declare Function were not parsed correctly if they contain comment or blank lines before the declaration.
- Fixed [#12890] (VBA): Updating MZ-Tools from the VBA editor of Outlook caused error “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using.”
- Fixed [#12881, #11396, #11942] (VB/VBA): Keyboard shortcuts were executed even if the IDE was not the active window.
- Fixed [#12922] (VBA): MZ-Tools crashed when closing Microsoft Project.