Yesterday a new build 22.214.171.124 was released. This new build introduces two new columns, Access and Kind, in the Code Explorer:
It also provides a more streamlined updating experience that installs directly the new build without having to download the new setup, save it, locate it, run it, etc.:
There is also a new setting to choose whether to add blank lines or not in the New Method / Property Assistant (previously blank lines were always added):
The complete changelog is the following:
- Enhanced [#11991] (All): The license file can now be replaced in the About window.
- Enhanced [#11990] (All): The code element name is now shown in the caption of the Code Template User-Defined Variables Values dialog.
- Enhanced [#12002] (VB/VBA): Added option to insert or not blank lines in code generated by the New Property/Method Assistant feature.
- Enhanced [#12003] (VB/VBA): Added scope and kind columns to Code Explorer.
- Fixed [#11910] (All): The setup shows now an error message to close the IDE that is locking a file.
- Fixed [#11972] (All): The Options files were not read again once the connectivity with the drive that contained them was restored (USB drive, network folder, VPN, etc.).
- Fixed [#11975] (All): The Code Explorer could cause NullReferenceException.
- Fixed [#11993, #11594, #10722] (VBA): The Dead Code Review could cause COMException (0x800A9C68) when retrieving the Name property of a UserForm.
- Fixed [#12005] (VS 2015): The Dead Code Review could cause System.InvalidOperationException “Ildasm File Full Name is null”.
- Fixed [#12032] (VBA): The Tab key doesn’t work correctly in the Control Name Assistant. This bug was introduced in build 126.96.36.199
- Fixed [#12020] (VB/VBA): The Sort Code Elements feature didn’t allow conditional compilation directives inside properties.
- Fixed [#12037] (VB/VBA): The New Method/Property Assistant failed when used on a class whose name started with “I” because it is an interface.
- Fixed [#12036] (VS): The line numbering feature of VB.NET didn’t exclude lines starting with the “Into” keyword.
- Fixed [Internal] (VS): Some windows were not shown correctly with the Dark theme. This bug was introduced in non-public build 188.8.131.52.
- Fixed [Internal] (VS/VBA): The Next Item button on the Control Explorer toolbar didn’t have the correct size in high DPI displays.
- Fixed [Internal] (All): The icons in the explanation zone of the Options window didn’t have the correct color depth.