Subscribe to the following RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed to be notified automatically through a RSS reader (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Feedly, Yahoo Reader, etc.) about new builds with enhancements or bug fixes:
MZ-Tools 22.214.171.124 released (October 1, 2014)
- Fixed [10F-1BB58CDE-0204]: The replace feature didn't replace text in closed .sql files when they belong to C# or VB.NET projects.
MZ-Tools 126.96.36.199 released (September 1, 2014)
- Fixed [304-1B6B688A-0205]: Some features such as Find Text could cause an exception when used with partial methods without body.
MZ-Tools 188.8.131.52 released (August 1, 2014)
- Fixed [336-1B1EFE8F-0201]: The Code Element Headers feature didn't provide the "Parent Code Element Full Name" predefined variable.
MZ-Tools 184.108.40.206 released (July 1, 2014)
- Fixed [336-1B1EFE8F-0201]: The Code Element Headers feature didn't provide the "Parent Code Element Name" predefined variable.
- Fixed [336-1B1EFE8F-0201]: The Code Element Headers feature didn't replace the parameters predefined variables if they appeared twice in a header and the method had no parameters.
- Fixed [198-1B26363A-0201]: The Open Folder on Disk feature could cause a System.ArgumentException "Value does not fall within the expected range.".
MZ-Tools 220.127.116.11 released (June 1, 2014)
- Fixed: A "System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing." could happen loading the PrivateClipboardsAdminOptions.xml file.
- Fixed: The Child Code Element editor of the Sort Code Elements feature showed the "Any" item in the list of contexts in some cases.
- Fixed: The Generate HTML Documentation feature didn't output the image of events.
- Fixed: The Control Names Assistant didn't set correctly the background color of textboxes when losing the focus in Visual Studio versions that don't support themes.
- Fixed: The Control Names Assistant didn't show correctly the selected portion of text.
- Fixed: The Control Explorer could cause System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException with Service designer.
- Fixed: The Control Explorer could cause System.InvalidOperationException SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
- Fixed: The Find Text feature silenced problems with C++ files showing only the message "The operation 'Find Text' was cancelled by the user or it occurred an unexpected error while processing the following file:"
- Fixed: The Find Text feature failed to show some code elements in C++ files. Now it doesn't show code elements even if requested because that setting only works with VB.NET and C# files.
MZ-Tools 18.104.22.168 released (March 1, 2014)
- Fixed: A NullReferenceException could happen when a type name could not be resolved.
MZ-Tools 22.214.171.124 released (January 1, 2014)
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature didn't preserve comments in the same line of the "end region" keyword.
- Fixed: Some critical exceptions were being silenced.
- Fixed: A System.IO.IOException could happen when using Windows 8.1 and SkyDrive to store the team options.
- Fixed: Improved support for 3rd party TabControls.
- Fixed: The picture of some 3rd party controls using .ico files as bitmap was not shown in the Control Explorer.
- Fixed: 3rd party controls using the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive could cause "ICollectionItemEditor.InitializeControlValues failed" in the Options window.
MZ-Tools 126.96.36.199 released (November 1, 2013)
- Fixed: When closing Visual Studio 2010 or higher, a "System.ApplicationException: Error adding the DTE command with name 'X' due to the following cause: A Command with that name already exists." error could happen if CodeRush (and maybe other DXCore-based DevExpress products) is also installed.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature no longer shows an exception if regions are not correct in the source code.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature now allows to keep the existing order of fields (not only of constants).
MZ-Tools 188.8.131.52 released (October 2, 2013)
- Fixed: Some features could cause NullReferenceException when parsing multiple VB.NET method variables declared in the same line. This bug was introduced in build 184.108.40.206.
MZ-Tools 220.127.116.11 released (October 1, 2013)
- Fixed: The Programming Rules Review feature could cause "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT
E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component." at EnvDTE80.CodeParameter2.get_ParameterKind().
- Fixed: The Control Explorer and other toolwindows didn't work correctly when docked as documents.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature removed commented lines at the end of code regions.
- Fixed: The Control Explorer controls were not correctly placed the first time that the toolwindow was shown.
- Fixed: Commands of code templates and exception handlers were not created the first time that MZ-Tools was loaded in a new Visual Studio version.
- Fixed: The result of a Programming Rule Review using the Code property was not correctly located in the code window.
- Fixed: Entering an invalid regular expression in the "Files Matching Regular Expression" scope caused System.ArgumentException.
- Fixed: The Add Line Numbers feature didn't numbered a Select Case statement after certain comment lines.
- Fixed: The declaration of method variables was not parsed correctly.
MZ-Tools 18.104.22.168 released (September 1, 2013)
- Enhanced: Added support for Visual Studio 2013
- Fixed: The New Property Assistant added the property header above the class for empty classes.
- Fixed: The TabIndex Review showed false errors if there were controls that don't have the TabIndex property (such as PictureBox controls).
MZ-Tools 22.214.171.124 released (June 1, 2013)
- Fixed: The Dead Code Review could cause "System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null." or "System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported." with projects that don't generate an output assembly (such as web site projects)
- Fixed: The Collapse Projects feature could cause NullReferenceException with Visual Studio in Japanese.
- Fixed: The Insert Code Element Header feature inserted several File headers (as many as "using/Imports" statements in the file).
MZ-Tools 126.96.36.199 released (April 1, 2013)
- Fixed: When closing Visual Studio 2010 or higher, a System.InvalidCastException could happen if CodeRush (and maybe other DXCore-based DevExpress products) is also installed.
- Fixed: The progress bar of results toolwindows appeared below the status bar.
- Fixed: The status bar of the progress form of some operations was not themed when using the Visual Studio 2012 Dark theme.
- Fixed: The Find Text dialog didn't show in the Find combobox the selected text under the cursor if it was a substring of a previously searched string.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature didn't sort correctly assembly attributes (which must be before other code elements).
- Fixed: The New Method Assistant did not preserve the property style between Visual Studio sessions.
- Fixed: The Review Code Elements Order feature could cause a NullReferenceException with non-code files.
MZ-Tools 188.8.131.52 released (March 1, 2013)
- Fixed: The Method Callers feature caused "System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added." with Web projects.
- Fixed: The Code Element Headers feature didn't offer the following predefined variables: "Method Handled Events", "Method Return Type Name", "Method Return Type Full Name", "Method Return Type Aliased Name", "Method Return Type Prefix".
- Fixed: The New Method Assistant didn't add the fields of new properties in consecutive order.
MZ-Tools 184.108.40.206 released (February 1, 2013)
- Enhanced: The Sort Code Elements feature now preserves existing code regions if you don't configure it to create regions automatically.
- Fixed: The Favorite Code Elements toolwindow retained the focus after failing to show a code element that was changed/removed, rather than activating the code window.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature caused an exception if a namespace contained duplicated Imports / using statements.
- Fixed: The Options button on the "Check for updates" error window has been removed since it caused exceptions in Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixed: The Statistics feature caused an exception when sorting by a column with values with the thousand separator. This bug was introduced in build 220.127.116.11.
- Fixed: The MessageBox Assistant feature used the inexistent Microsoft.VisualBasic.ControlChars.StringConstants.CrLf constant in multiline texts. This bug was introduced in build 18.104.22.168.
MZ-Tools 22.214.171.124 released (December 1, 2012)
- Enhanced: The Find feature now has a new setting "Exclude files created by Visual Studio".
- Fixed: The Go To Favorite Code Element feature now goes to the original line number even if its text has been changed or deleted.
- Fixed: Several controls are now flicker-free.
- Fixed: In the Code Library Options window of Visual Studio 2005, when creating a code template for the XAML language a System.ApplicationException exception was thrown.
- Fixed: The button of the color selector control didn't show the down arrow except in Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixed: The Find dialog cleared the selected files or projects after a search, so they couln't be reused in the next search.
- Fixed: The Find dialog didn't preselect the whole word under the cursor with some non-English characters.
- Fixed: The Find feature didn't work correctly when using the Exclude comments option and the found string was like a comment but inside a literal.
- Fixed: When you used the Tools, Customize dialog to delete a MZ-Tools toolbar, you got an exception when showing the MZ-Tools, Options dialog, Toolbars and menus section.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature didn't consider VB.NET destructors (Protected Overrides Sub Finalize()).
- Fixed: On Turkish systems you got "This version of MZ-Tools is not intended for SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\VISUALSTUDIO\[version]" when loading MZ-Tools.
- Fixed: The code template editor used "MZTools7.ExceptionHandler" as prefix in the command full name.
- Fixed: The programming rule editor didn't allow the .NET Framework 4.5 value for the TargetFramework property of the Project item.
MZ-Tools 126.96.36.199 released (November 1, 2012)
- Fixed: The Insert Code Element header caused NullReferenceException if the cursor was on a using/Imports statement.
- Fixed: The Options files are now saved in UTF8 encoding rather than in the default (code page) encoding.
- Fixed: The code editor of code templates didn't support Unicode characters.
- Fixed: The Control Explorer didn't show some icons with the correct color when switching themes in Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixed: The treeviews and listviews didn't show the Windows Explorer style.
- Fixed: The TabPages of TabControls were not themed when using the Visual Studio 2012 Dark theme.
- Fixed: The headers of ListViews were not themed when using the Visual Studio 2012 Dark theme.
- Fixed: The ComboBoxes were not themed when using the Visual Studio 2012 Dark theme.
- Fixed: Web Site projects caused exceptions in the Open Build Output Folder and Dead Code Review features.
- Fixed: Some features that need to resolve types could cause System.IO.FileNotFoundException.
- Fixed: You could get System.ArgumentException in the Options window after changing the team options folder in the General section of the Personal Options tab.
- Fixed: On non-English Visual Studio versions, keyboard bindings of commands that placed buttons on built-in Visual Studio commandbars were lost when MZ-Tools was unloaded.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature caused an exception if a file contained duplicated Imports / using statements.
- Fixed: Usercontrols of the solution could cause "ICollectionItemEditor.InitializeControlValues failed" in the Options window.
- Fixed: The "Insert >" button of the C# and VB.NET language option pages of the New Method / Property Assistant feature caused the exception "System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range" in Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
MZ-Tools 188.8.131.52 released (October 1, 2012)
- Enhanced: Support for themes (Dark, Light, etc.) of Visual Studio 2012.
- Fixed: Closing the Options window could cause the following exception with some 3rd party extensions that add buttons to the code window context menu: "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.".
- Fixed: The Review Quality feature could cause System.ArgumentException if a programming rule review used the Matching/NotMaching operators and a predefined variable whose actual value would contain the "\" character. This is the case of the Generic File Header Mandatory programming rule imported from MZ-Tools 6.0.
- Fixed: In a treeview with checkboxes, when deleting a child node the state of the parent (checked, unchecked, partially checked) was not reevaluated.".
- Fixed: The setup allowed to click the Next button even if no add-in was selected in the Components page.
- Fixed: When you set some dropdown commandbars (Close, Copy To, Paste From) to be invisible (through the Options, Personal Options, Toolbars and menus), they were shown visible in the next Visual Studio session (although in the Options window remained as unchecked).
- Fixed: 3rd party controls could cause "ICollectionItemEditor.InitializeControlValues failed" in the Options window.
- Fixed: Some sample rules of the Quality Review feature have been fixed.
- Fixed: The Method scope was not preselected as default scope for operations that allowed it (for example, Line Numbering).
- Fixed: The Programming Rule and Nomenclature Rule didn't offer the value "Visual Studio 2012" for the Version property of the Visual Studio IDE object.
- Fixed: The Control Name Assistant and Prompt Name and Text Properties for New Control features didn't generate correctly the Name property for Asian languages.
- Fixed: The Sort Code Elements feature could cause NullReferenceException.
- Fixed: Several features (such as the Sort Code Elements feature) didn't work correctly or caused exception in C# with multi-line comments (/* */).
MZ-Tools 184.108.40.206 released (August 1, 2012)