It has been a while since the last post on this blog!. The last months have been incredibly busy to reach two huge milestones: last July 1, MZ-Tools 8.0 for Visual Studio was released, a free upgrade for MZ-Tools 7.0 customers, with the same features, just adding support for Visual Studio 2015, but internally converted from an add-in to a package for VS 2012, 2013 and 2015 because VS 2015 no longer supports add-ins. And last week, October 1, on the 15th anniversary of MZ-Tools (a ridiculously simple MZ-Tools 1.0 was released on October 1, 2000), and after years with MZ-Tools for VBA/VB6/VB5 frozen at version 3.0, a great MZ-Tools 8.0 for these IDEs was launched!:
This new version 8.0 for VBA, VB6 and VB5 provides not only all the features of the loved MZ-Tools 3.0, but also all the new features and enhancements introduced in the past years for MZ-Tools 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 for Visual Studio:
- Control Explorer
- Control Names Assistant
- Review Nomenclature Rules
- Review Programming Rules
- Review Code Elements Order
- Task List (for VBA)
- Personal / Team options, on any folder (local or network)
- Multiple results tabs (with a Refresh button)
- Multiple error handlers
- True color icons
- And a long list of small enhancements and user interface improvements
Not only that, but MZ-Tools 8.0 for VBA solves the two most requested features for MZ-Tools 3.0:
- Support for the VBA editor of Office 64-bit.
- Installation without admin rights.
You can read about all the features and details on the online help.
MZ-Tools 8.0 for VBA / VB6 / VB5 is no longer freeware, but there is great news:
- During October 2015, the prices is 50% off: just 39.95 USD instead of 79.95 USD.
- A single license of MZ-Tools 8.0 is valid for all your IDEs (Visual Studio, VBA, VB6, VB5) and can be installed on all your computers.
This version works on any Windows operating system (from Windows XP to Windows 10), either 64-bit or 32-bit, and for the VBA version you can use from Office 2016 back to Office 2003.
If you are interested in the technical details, it internally uses .NET Framework 2.0 (so chances are that your computer already has this requirement) and all versions for all IDEs share 80% of code at binary level (a single dll with all the features, the remaining 20% code being “adapters” for each IDE), which means that in the future any new feature or enhancement will be included in all of them.
You can download a 30-day, no-limitations, trial version here.
I hope you like it!